Get Help Yourself
Do get help yourself. Supporting someone through depression may bring up all kinds of emotions and issues for you. Do not try to go it alone. See the list of support organizations and groups. It is really important that you seek help too. It is important you also take into consideration your own health. You will not be as effective if you also become ill.
As a Carer, you may feel
- Impatient with the person’s behavior
- Worried that you are losing the person you know
- Worried about coping and asking for help
- Worried about the future, including financial concerns (http://www.carers.org/benefits,93,TP.html)
- Worried about the stigma associated with mental illness
What Kind of Support Can I Have
- Services that give you a break
- Emotional support from people who understand
- Help with household tasks
- Help with tasks during the day/night
- Benefits advice
- Activities for the person you care for
Caring isn't easy
Supporting someone through depression may bring up all kinds of emotions and issues for you.
Do not try to go it alone.
Helen's Twitter FeedTweets by @DepressionCanBe
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Our newsletter contains lots of interesting information about the site, up and coming events, occasional special offers for readers including methods to help you from our resident hypnotherapist Marisa Peer.
Latest Forum Posts
- It's Mental Health Awareness Week
- Happy Valentine's Day
- IT'S WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY
- Volunteering with The Wildlife Trust for Mental Health
- Mental Health Awareness Week 8-14th May