WelcomeDepressioncanbefun is an initiative of Helen McNallen who has suffered from Clinical and Bipolar Depression and wants to help others and spread the word. The site's name originated from the 'black comedy' of her experiences of manic depression and is certainly not meant to offend or belittle Depression. The site was launched officially on World Mental Health Day, 10th October 2008, at the invitation of the NHS at one of the many events hosted by them around the country.
- Helen McNallen
25% discount for members with code PM2A5B56
My Alpha-Stim was the saving grace for me. I didn’t need my medication any more and my therapy ended in March this year. Now I am energetic, I go to the gym, I am back on track. Alpha-Stim has made a huge difference to me. Joanne Thompson.
Whats New On depressioncanbefun.comUpcoming Events:
- It’s Carer’s Week this week
- Depression Can Be Fun in Woman’s Own
- With the most depressing day of the year out of the…
- Journalist Lucy Fry writes how exercise and yoga help…
- Laughter is the best medicine - see our new article
Your Questions to Our Expertsletting my family down
hi, i have been suffering depression & anxiety for a year now, i feel so silly for feeling like this but nothing i do makes me feel better. i make… Read more Can you take over the counter diuretics with lithium?
Can you take over the counter diuretics with extended release modified lithium? It’s just that I am finding I have swollen hands (as my rings have all become tight) and… Read more Treatments Not Working
I am sitting awake once again and often search the site for help and answers as my brain travels one thousand miles an hour in a desperate search for… Read more Anxiety
How can I rid myself of this dreadful feeling and also destress. The two together are crippling!
Many ThanksRead more
Your StoriesDepression and me
So, where do I begin? Lets go from the start. I was rushed into hospital with suspected meningitis in October 2011. They later found out that it was a severe… Read more Rediscovering my Passions through Depression
Legs dangling out the windowsill into the unforgiving cold of Beijings winter, I sat in a trance, wondering what happened to me. At 28, I was in the global management… Read more Back from the brink
Anybody who knows me thinks of a funny, outspoken loud mouth who loves a good laugh a drink and a party. I would be at the crux of the here… Read more It is possible to live with depression
I was a happy outgoing child, until age 10 when puberty struck. Prior to that first period, I thought I had a brain tumour - I was so depressed, so… Read more
- Depression And Incontinence In Younger Women Often…
- Postmenopausal Women With Depression May Be At Increased…
- Antidepressant Usage, Stress And High-fat Diet Combo…
- Drugs Currently Prescribed For Other Indications May…
- Focus On Well-Being Could Keep Patients With Arthritis…
- Brain Development Affected In Male And Female Offspring…
Your SuggestionsMy coping strategies 1) Put on your favourite album and just sing along to the lyrics. If you have as awful a singing voice as mine just sing under your breath. Concentrating on… Read more From my own experience Some personal lessons in dealing with depression, learnt over long years (see my story posted elsewhere). Shop around to get help; I was sent by GPs to various counsellors, some… Read more read To me it is very important read books. Specially about adventures Read more getting some exercise
Exercise is good for body & mind - but motivation is a major issue when you’re depressed.
One way to get a bit more exercise in your everyday life… Read more
Are you depressed?
We all feel fed up sometimes but these feelings usually last for a couple of days or weeks at the most. Perhaps you have been feeling like this for longer.
We have designed a test to give you some indication.
Igennus - Beating Depression
Watch Part 2 here >>
Panic & Anxiety
Food Tips - Marisa Peer
Back To Work
Hormones and Depression
Post Natal Depression
Food for Thought
Spring physiology with a smile!
Look up and smile at the many beautiful colours around at the moment; Yellow daffodils, purple crocuses, white snow drops, blue bluebells. Let the colours of nature, children playing out, dogs…
...by Allison Kelsey
- Marisa Peer - Ultimate Confidence Ch9
- BBC Radio Sheffield Interview 23 Nov 2011
- Sally Canning - Introduction to Tapping
- Sally Canning - Tapping for Stress and Anxiety
- Sally Canning - Tapping For The Fear of Change
- Helen McNallen / Liz Green Interview 21 July 11
- Helen McNallen / Toby Foster Interview 5 July 11
- Helen McNallen BBC Radio Sheffield Interview with
- Wellbeing and Positive Thinking - Full Works
- Wellbeing and Nutrition - Full Works
- Stress and the Mind - Full Works
- Stress and Relaxation - Quick Fix
- Wellbeing and Relaxation - Full Works
- Stress and the Mind - Quick Fix
- Wellbeing and Sleep - Quick Fix
- Wellbeing and Sleep - Full Works